Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Importance Of Training

"Train don't strain." - Arthur Lydiard

Training really works. More than 3 months of training, I have put it to practice yesterday May 26, 2013. The Energen Family Fun Run. On the first month of training, I can only run for 500 meters. Thanks to the internet,
I practiced the drills and tips on running. My favorites are the videos about natural, barefoot  and chi running.
Gradually, my running distance increased.  500 meters became 1km, then 1.5 km, 2 km, 2.5 km and 3.3 km.
I maintained the 3.3 km distance and focused on speed. This was in preparation for the 3 km category. My training record is 3.3 km in 23 minutes.

On the race day, I feel relaxed and confident. I beat my own record, now it is 3 km in 20 min and 35 seconds. I don't feel very tired or exhausted. I think 5 km is my next level and that is what the next training is all about. Gradually of course. Research, prepare and train.

Thank you all for sharing the videos, tips, drills, and motivational quotes!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts